Gisborne is the first city in the world to see the sunrise each day. The city has a population of 45,000 people. It has a busy port, a variety of shops, restaurants, hotels, and recreational facilities. The region is famous for its warm sunny climate, its variety of locally grown fruits and vegetables, and the miles of magnificent surf beaches. Surrounding the district are picturesque rainforests and mountains, perfect for outdoor adventures.
Gisborne Boys’ High School is a government school with a roll of over 800 students. Our school has innovative programmes focused on developing every young man’s potential: academically and culturally. There are a huge range of co-curricular activities available. We have a long history of hosting international students from all around the world. The school can provide a long term, full time academic programme, as well as quality, short term courses. We welcome YOU to be a part of our great, multi-cultural, friendly school.
•NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3 and tertiary preparation
• International students from the Pacific, Asia and Europe
• English language support classes if needed
• Excellent facilities for learning, sport, leisure, technology, whakairo (Maori carving) and trades
• Safe and caring homestay family accommodation
• Sporting opportunities especially rugby, football, basketball and surfing
• Careers advice and support to guide you in making decisions for your future
Great coaching and easy access to beaches, rivers, forests and recreational facilities allow Gisborne Boys’ School to offer a wide variety of sports and team experiences. Our school has courts, fields and gymnasiums where students train for a wide range of competitions and events: from National Tournaments to local social leagues. International students are encouraged to participate in sporting activities for their own enjoyment, health and well-being.