Bay of Plenty
We are a semi-rural full primary school within close proximity to Tauranga city (within 13km). We can offer a wide range of educational opportunities and programmes from year 0 - 8, enabling all children to opt in to experiences that will broaden their educational experiences. We pride ourselves on the way in which we cater for individual needs. We endeavour to foster a culture of inclusiveness for all, where all children feel they are part of a team with the opportunities for mixed age group interaction. Our senior students help foster this sense of togetherness through their leadership programme and daily interaction with the junior and middle school. At Oropi School, we offer a unique environment for our children to be a part of because:
• Children are in a peaceful rural setting, with many places and opportunities to explore and be creative
• There are many opportunities for our children to interact with one another, across all age levels (5-13 year olds)
• Our community offers a diverse range of resources and learning opportunities related to the local environment
• We offer modern and dynamic learning environments with excellent resources
• We identify learning needs quickly and have strong programmes in place to meet individual learning needs
• Communication between home and school is excellent
• Our community is very supportive and involved
• We have a range of extra programmes in place outside of daily classroom programmes to enrich your child’s education such as: swimming lessons, instrumental and vocal music tuition, Mandarin and Maori language learning, camps from Year 3-8, summer and winter sports options, kokako garden projects and leadership opportunities.
• Cutting edge programmes in Language learning (Mandarin – Chinese and Maori) and our Discovery Learning programme
Oropi School welcomes all International students and their families from all nationalies. The Internatinal students are supported by the International Director as well as their ESOL teaher. We are a cultural responsive school and each culture is acknowledged and appreciated to help foster our love of all languages. Intlernational students are placed in a mainstream classroom, and are withdrawn for specialist ESOL classes on a one on one basis with their experienced ESOL teacher. All ESOLprogrammes are personalised to suit the individual learners needs.