Intermediate School, Secondary School
Sacred Heart College is one of New Zealand’s leading Catholic boys’ schools. Founded in 1903, more than 100 years of Marist tradition serve as the backbone that inspires everyday life at the College. It’s both our privilege and commitment to forge boys into courageous Marist men who are authentic in faith, character and aspiration.
Graduates of our College are compassionate, resilient and counter-cultural, set up for a journey of success and excellence in whatever paths they choose to take. Sacred Heart Old Boys are numbered among New Zealand’s top musicians, academics, artists, sportsmen and religious and civil leaders.
Each year, we host a number of International Students from Asia, Europe and the Pacific, who come to Sacred Heart to study, gain University Entrance, experience New Zealand's culture, and travel around our beautiful country. The College provides an excellent academic programme and caring environment for our International Students to be successful in their future. It is pleasing to see many of our students gain entry to some of the top Universities both in New Zealand and other parts of the world.
For International Students, there are two accommodation options: Sacred Heart Boarding Hostel or a homestay family, both provide a warm welcome and support to life at Sacred Heart College.
International Students are an integral part of our College and are welcomed with a nurturing environment, challenging curriculum, and rewarding experiences in academia, sports, music, and cultural activities. We invite you to join the Sacred Heart family.
Why Sacred Heart College?
• One of New Zealand's leading Catholic boys' schools with outstanding performance in academia, sports, music, and cultural activities.
• International Students have the choices of boarding at an onsite hostel catering for 170 boarders or stay at a SHC approved host family.
• Located on a magnificent site of 24 hectares of park-like grounds, only 15 minutes drive from Auckland city centre;
• Impressive facilities with 9 sports fields, 6 teaching buildings, a state of the art technology block, 3 swimming pools, a large gymnasium, modern computer laboratories, a comprehensive library, a new 1500-seat auditorium, and a brand new Art & Performing Centre for Performing Arts and Music;
• NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3 passing, merit and excellence rates, as well as University Entrance rates are consistently among the highest nationally for boys' schools. Many students gained NCEA scholarships in their chosen subjects and were accepted into top universities both in New Zealand and overseas.
• Sacred Heart Sports Institute and Music Institute lead the development of top-level participation in key sport codes and band/string group classes, and identify and develop high-performing students who the College believes have the potential to become elite sportsmen and musicians;
• A strong pastoral care system in the school to make sure our students are well looked after.
Have a look at our recent comprehensive open day video that covers all aspects of SHC https://vimeo.com/688676990
AddressSacred Heart College, Auckland
Phone number+64 09 529 3660