Welcome to Wellington East Girls' College, a state school set amidst park like grounds in the heart of the capital city of New Zealand. The school has recently undergone an extensive renovation and now is one of the most modern and well equipped education facilities in New Zealand.
WELLINGTON EAST GIRLS' COLLEGE offer:
- A high level of quality personal care and service delivered every day in and out of school. We keep in close contact with agents and families to tell them of their daughter's progress.
- Exceptional English language support with the best resourced department and highest number of class options in the region.
- A wide ranging set of courses with options in all subject areas of the New Zealand curriculum, including some subjects offered only at our school (Wellington region).
- Superb location with the city centre, airport and the region’s main sporting facilities all within the school zone. In addition, the school sits on a hillside enjoying good views of the city and harbour and contains many well maintained garden areas.
- The many cultures represented at school provide opportunity to celebrate and enjoy what makes us different. This diversity ensures a level of tolerance and understanding across our student body.
- High quality, caring and involved homestay families ensure that our international students experience warm, friendly and welcoming homes to return to each day.
More about Wellington East Girls' College
Academic learning is well supported by quality teachers and excellent school facilities:
- Modern classrooms and large learning areas
- Two storey science block
- Music performance room, individual music rooms for instument lessons
- Heated indoor swimming pool, two full sized gymnasiums, outdoor tennis/netball courts and a large playing field creates exceptional sports facilities
- Three fully equipped student kitchen areas, as well as an excellent school cafe selling hot and cold fresh food options
- A whole floor devoted to art, with a digital suite, photographic studio and beautiful class spaces
- A purpose built dance studio and a separate drama room for performance studies
- A green screen room and accompanying study area for media/film learning
- A new interactive library, books, e-books, virtual reality and other quiet games, toys and many comfortable spaces to study
- A Maori meeting space used for language and cultural learning, as well as social events
- A historic school hall used often for assemblies and school performances
Our English Language Department runs small classes for international students' ranging from English Reception to Academic Language, which is the study of vocabulary associated with mathematics, science and history/geography.
We encourage students to participate in an extra curricular activity while at school such as dance, drama, sport, music or one of our many clubs such as library, humanitarian, writing and many more.
The school is well known for it's success in sport with many teams winning national titles. In addition to the winning teams, we have many more at lower entry level where students get the benefit of playing in a friendly team, keeping fit and meeting lots of new people.
Please ask for more information - we would love to share our beautiful school with you!