Applicants must be:
- University of Otago PhD students
- conducting historically-focused research (preference will be given to candidates primarily based in the Department of History and Art History)
- conducting off-campus field or archival research in the year of which the scholarship is awarded (the year following)
Note that this scholarship is not intended to support travel to a conference. Previous recipients are not eligible to apply for the scholarship in subsequent years.
Tenure: Each scholarship must be taken up in the year for which it is awarded; deferral of the award to a subsequent year is not permitted.
How to apply?
Every applicant must submit to the Doctoral and Scholarships Office by 1 November.
- a brief Curriculum Vitae;
- a description of the work to be conducted with the assistance of the scholarship, and the significance this work will have for their PhD research (no more than 500 words);
- a budget of costs associated with the work to be conducted with the assistance of the scholarship;
- a letter of support from their PhD supervisor