The main purpose of the Academic Women Scholarships is to ensure a greater number of talented and deserving women students have the opportunity to fulfil their academic and ministry goals.
This scholarship is awarded to women students on the basis of potential to contribute to mission and ministry, potential to succeed academically, and demonstrated financial hardship.
- The Scholarships are tenable to women students who have paid the fees, or arranged to pay the fees, for full-time enrolment at Carey Baptist College [For the purposes of this Scholarship, academic merit is assessed as a GPA or GPE obtained over the applicant’s most recent two years of full-time graded study (or equivalent). Contribution to the life and ministry of the church will be determined by a range of factors, including a reference from a Pastor or Church Leader. Candidates need to demonstrate that they are experiencing financial hardship, and that they are struggling to meet basic living costs. Incurring debt is not evidence of financial hardship.]
- The Scholarships are tenable by international students.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit/potential, contribution to the life and ministry
- of the church and financial hardship
- The Scholarship may be held with any other scholarship, award or grant as long as a) the terms of that scholarship, award or grant permit and b) Carey is informed and approves
- A recipient of the Scholarship may reapply in subsequent years.
Tenure: One year
How to apply?
Applications by way of a Scholarships Application Form close with Carey on 1 March and 1 August in the year of the Scholarship. Students may apply directly or be nominated by a third party.