The purpose of this qualification is:
- To provide the hospitality sector with competent employees who are able to work as chefs in intermediate positions producing complex dishes in a commercial kitchen.
- To provide individuals who are employed or will be employed as chefs in intermediate positions a qualification that will enhance their employment opportunities in a commercial kitchen across the hospitality sector.
- To implement established standards of professional practice for complex cookery that can provide customers with confidence in a range of hospitality environments.
- Supervise staff training
- Food safety supervision for catering
- Resource management in food preparation
- Menu planning and costing
- Global influences of eating & drinking
- Supervise food production
- Realistic work experience
- Advanced food & beverage event
- Advance applied food project
- Module 1: PC 501 International cuisine studies
- Module 2: PC 502 Advanced cold larder food production
- Module 3: PC 503 Advanced hot kitchen food production
- Module 4: PC 504 Kitchen operations
- Module 5: PC 505 Advanced menu planning and restaurant service
- Module 6: PC 506 Applied food service & event catering
- Module 7: PC 507 Realistic work experience
- Module 8: PC 508 Advanced applied food project
On successful completion of this programme and having achieved all the graduate profile outcomes, graduates will be able to:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety, food safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimize potential hazards for customers.
- Monitor and maintain effective communicate and interactions colleagues, other staff, managers and customers in a hospitality service environment.
- Monitor and maintain the application of standard operating policies and procedures to work roles in a commercial kitchen.
- Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of cold larder dishes utilising complex preparation and presentation techniques.
- Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of hot kitchen dishes utilising complex preparation and presentation techniques.
- Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of patisserie and desserts utilising complex preparation and presentation techniques.