Institute of Technology or PolytechnicEastern Institute of Technology
This course is available
Level of Study
Next start date
Expected Feb 2024
Eastern Institute of Technology
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to further develop their practical and conceptual skills and knowledge in arts, crafts and/or design.
The creative industries and cultural sector in Aotearoa New Zealand will benefit from graduates who can use research to inform, critique and present resolved work in simulated contexts.
Graduates will be able to independently select and apply a range of processes in arts, craft and/or design contexts.
The project-based learning approach in the diploma places you at the centre of the learning experience and allows for the embedding of theory and practice within the project context. The aim of project-based learning is to facilitate your development of knowledge, creative skills and research skills by beginning the learning journey on any given topic with questions, problems or provocations to be addressed or resolved.
There are four projects at Level 5. These projects are largely prescribed, involve both individual and group learning and include the key foundational creative skills, techniques and theory.
As a graduate of this qualification you will be able to:
Subject areas include:
Career Opportunities and Outcomes
Possible jobs and career opportunities can include:
A person is eligible to apply for entry who:
University Entrance, as defined by the NZQA, OR
• Evidence regarded as sufficient by the Discipline Leader of the capability to undertake and complete the programme of study, OR
• At the discretion of the Head of School, where the applicant is over 20 years of age and demonstrates the capability to undertake and complete the programme of study.
English Language Entry Requirement
All applicants must demonstrate an acceptable level of English language fluency prior to acceptance in the programme.
For international applicants, ways in which English language fluency may be demonstrated include the following:
• Successful study of a programme in which English was the language of instruction (subject to the conditions in EIT’s Database for English Language Proficiency (DELP)).
• Completion of a New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4 with any endorsement).
• IELTS Academic score of 6, with no band score lower than 5.5, achieved in a single test within the two years preceding enrolment.
• Accepted international equivalents to the above IELTS scores, achieved in a single test within the two years preceding enrolment (see equivalency tables in the DELP).