Mairangi Bay School was founded in 1967 and has built a remarkable international reputation.
It is in the top 5% of New Zealand schools because of many years of strong leadership, expert teachers and community support.
It is acknowledged for its excellence as an accredited “Investor in People” school.
Mairangi Bay School has high expectations for student achievement. Students are expected to work hard and soar to new heights.
Easy Access to First Class Academic Provider
- High quality education and student achievement success. 95% achieve at or above national standards.
- Children excel in international ICAS exams.
- Smaller classes, high ratio of teaching staff to students, expert teachers.
- Satisfaction for international students for more than ten years.
- High quality English tuition for international students by highly qualified English Second Language teachers. Additional support in regular classrooms.
- School education fees are less than half of fees from similar quality private educational providers.
Exciting Curriculum and Co-Curriculum
- Strong emphasis on English and Mathematics.
- Interesting programs in Science, Social Sciences, Music, PE and Health and Art.
- Mandarin and Maori programme.
- Opportunities to join cultural activities including choirs, and instrumental groups for marimba and ukulele and perform before public audiences.
Opportunities to access national sport bases and facilities in Mairangi Bay, such as:
- High Performance Sport New Zealand Training Centre for flippaball (waterpolo)/swimming training and games/competition;
- New Zealand Breakers (national basketball team) centre for basketball training and games;
- Junior surfing and sailing training clubs;
- Netball, soccer, touch rugby, hockey, and athletics etc.
Paradise-like Lifestyle in the Community
- Mairangi Bay beach is an idyllic safe swimming beach. Afterwards you can enjoy the cafés and shopping in Mairangi Bay Village.
- Mairangi Bay Surf Club is a highly respected, award winning club. Many of our students are junior members.
- Pupuke Golf Club is in a premier location. Play golf and enjoy fantastic sea views. Our ex- student Lydia Ko, the youngest LPGA champion, 2014 CME Group Tour Champion and Time magazine’s 2nd Most Influential Teen of 2013, started her golf here when she was six years old.
- Murrays Bay Sailing Club situated beside Mairangi Bay, has produced many world champions and our students are learning to sail there.
- Mairangi Bay Art Centre is a government funded art gallery which also runs very popular and successful art classes for locals.
- Tennis club and outdoor bowling clubs are popular for our students and adults.
- Trip to Auckland CBD only takes approximately 15 minutes on a good run.
More about Mairangi Bay School
Mairangi Bay School Values:
Achievement by setting high standards, having a ‘better than before’ attitude and striving for personal excellence.
Community by being respectful, inclusive, and committed to being active participants in the communities to which we belong.
Curiosity by being passionate about learning, having an inquiring mind and using what is learned to make a difference.
Hauora by having a strong sense of identity and caring for our physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being.