The main purpose of the Stewart Memorial Trust Scholarship is to ensure a greater number of talented and deserving Brethren students have the opportunity to fulfil their academic and ministry goals.
- The Scholarships are tenable to Brethren students who have paid the fees, or arranged to pay the fees, for full-time enrolment in undergraduate study at Carey Baptist College [For the purposes of this Scholarship, academic merit is assessed as a GPA or GPE obtained over the applicant’s most recent two years of full-time graded study (or equivalent). Contribution to the life and ministry of the church will be determined by a range of factors, including a reference from a Pastor or Church Leader.]
- The Scholarships are tenable by international students.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit/potential and contribution to the life and ministry of the church
- The Scholarship may be held with any other scholarship, award or grant as long as a) the terms of that scholarship, award or grant permit and b) Carey is informed and approves
- A recipient of the Scholarship may reapply in subsequent years.
Tenure: One year
How to apply?
Applications by way of a Scholarships Application Form close with Carey on 1 March and 1 August in the year of the Scholarship. Students may apply directly or be nominated by a third party.