Students must meet the following requirements:
1. International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents or resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia; and
2. Have gained university admission through:
3. Have not normally completed any previous study at a New Zealand university; and
4. Are subject to paying international tuition fees; and
5. Are eligible apply for, and are intending to enrol for full-time study in the first year of an eligible programme.
This scholarship will be awarded to all eligible international students living in New Zealand, or studying online or by distance from outside of New Zealand, who are offered a place in an eligible programme and will be starting full-time, full-year, undergraduate study for the first time at a New Zealand university in 2022 or 2023.
Recipients of the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students may also be eligible for a guaranteed offer of place in University-owned accommodation.
The guaranteed offer of place is subject to having completed the following processes by 30 September in the year prior to starting study.:
Tenure: 12 months - applies to the first year of study only.
While there is no application process for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students, students may be eligible for other Entrance Scholarships and as such, are strongly encouraged to apply for other Entrance Scholarships by the due date.
This Scholarship for study beginning in Semester 1 (February) 2023 or semester 2 (July) 2023. Note: not all programmes offer a semester 2 intake
Deadline date: 10 December for semester 1, and 30 April for semester 2